If you are into IT, we are sure you must have come across this term if you are interested in getting into the IT field. There is absolutely no doubt about selenium’s popularity due to its features.
This open-source, free tool has been the top choice of major software developers and testers for testing interfaces. It has an easy path for generating test scripts, functioning validation, and reuse of test scripts. Therefore, validating the statement that selenium is taking over the automation testing.
Why should you learn Selenium?
If you aspire to be working in the IT industry as a QA Tester, it might be the right time to level up your game with Selenium. I t is a portable framework for automating applications, mainly web-based applications. A suite of software tools to automate web browsers that are primarily used for functional and automation testing.
The best thing about QA selenium training is that the tool does not need any license. The course is designed from basics so that you do not need any prerequisites to start learning. Selenium supports programming languages like Java, Python, PHP, C#, Ruby, and more. It supports significant OS like Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, and more. Choosing selenium automation testing as a career choice would help you test applications on your own.
Selenium WebDriver is a leading testing tool in the QA industry, is one of the most sought-after skills. As the industry is shifting towards automation, testing jobs are on the rise that is highly paid and valued. With more and more upcoming applications becoming accessible through the browser, it’s essential to opt for a software test course.
The QA selenium training course is designed to provide in-depth concepts of selenium. This course trains developers and manual testers to learn how to automate web applications with a robust framework. After completing QA selenium training, you can right away start working with eCommerce websites and build your career.
Popular Selenium Choices
Majority of companies use selenium web driver with Java to test web applications. Although selenium supports various programming languages like PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, Pearl, etc. for performing tests, Java and Python are the two top contenders.
Why use Selenium with Python?
- Easy coding and readability
- More productivity
- Widely adopted language
- Dynamically typed language
Why use Selenium with Java?
- More number of users of Selenium with Java
- Strong community support for Java
- Selenium is developed using Java
- 80% of the Selenium testers use Selenium Java binding
- Faster execution
Why opt for a QA selenium training course?
- Leading cloud-based testing platform that helps testers to record their actions and export them as a reusable script
- Easy to automate testing across web applications- acts as a key for a success rate
- Wide variety of language support
- Essential skill set gained by software test course
- Easy and understandable methods to implement and manage test cases and reports
- Supports parallel test execution that reduces time and increases the efficiency of test cases
- Requires fewer resources compared to other sources
Key learning areas of Selenium
Selenium IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- It is a record and playback tool that is used for prototype testing. It also has edit and debug options available to execute an error-free file
Selenium RC (Remote Control)
- It was the first tool of Selenium that help perform cross-browser testing.
- It was the first cross-platform testing framework that could control the browser from the OS level.
- Browser-specific implementations can also be implemented.
- To enjoy programming experience, developers can adhere to the object-oriented programming fundamentals.
- An upgraded form of selenium RC helps run test cases with remote machines; used by most companies.
- It enables to create and execute test cases faster as it does not require server installation as the test scripts interact directly with the server.
List of Testing Frameworks for Selenium
Various web apps are developed daily with different programming languages like Java, C#, Python, etc.; it is essential to have a compatible Unit Test Framework for every programming language.
Testers use unit Test Framework to automate unit tests that also allow them to verify the code’s correctness.
Here are the most popular programming languages with compatible Unit Test Framework.
- TesNG is the first choice for Software Testers
- Covers wide range of testing categories
- Allows to run parallel test
- Keeps track of large object with snapshot feature
- Works out of the box for every JS Project
- Doesn’t require additional installation of modules
- Flexible working process while executing unit tests
- Allows executing data driven tests from DB data source
- Quick setup while generating an efficient database
- Ideal tool for executing single or group tests
- Simplified way to define basic pass/fail tests
- First choice of developers
- Makes code more readable
How is Selenium used in Enterprise web applications?
Selenium has earned its spot as the de facto standard for web browser automation and enterprise applications. It’s due to the fact that it supports all major browsers and provides a relatively simpler API to test UI. Selenium enables easy development of adorned automated scripts
Large scale enterprises use selenium for the following key reasons.
- Platform portability
- Language support
- Remote control/selenium grid
- Open source advantage
Career Advancement with Selenium
Companies that use selenium are shooting up in numbers with each passing day. Selenium has experienced good growth in a short period of time and this has boosted the market for test automation and software testing. With shorter testing cycles, clients are able to receive ROI quicker. Here are some of the popular job roles you can consider once you upskill in selenium.
- Automation test lead
- Senior test engineer
- Quality engineer
- Selenium Automation Analyst
- QA Engineer
Salary range of a selenium tester
Selenium is globally rated as a top priority in the test automation field scaling up from 29% to 36%. According to salary trends analyzed Payscale, the average pay for a Selenium Tester is $83,200 per year.
Selenium Tester Resume Tips
We have combined a few tips you can make use of while creating/updating your resume for a selenium tester job
- The introduction should be simple
- Education details should be covered in the order of your latest degree
- In the experience section, even if you are a fresher, mention the projects that you’ve worked on and justify your role in it.
- Write your performance figures wherever applicable to make your contributions and achievements specific. Numbers speak for themselves.
- Use the STAR method – Situation, Task, Activity, Result to make superior resumes
- Write a summary or an objective according to the number of work experience years that you possess
Selenium Interview Prep
Here are the top free selenium interview question & answer resources to help advance your career
Selenium-the future of DevOps
Several companies are replacing agile, or waterfall approaches with DevOps. Software products are usually delivered on the cloud. Not many tools qualify as DevOps tool as it emphasizes using an open-source tool; Selenium.
Alongside, selenium can be easily integrated with popular & essential dev ops tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Git, Maven etc to create an automated testing strategy. With more such possible tool integrations in the near future, the lines of a software developer and tester are going to get even more blurry.
Ensure your code work as it is expected to work by using a multitude of testing frameworks that save you time and effort. Selenium automation testing is one of the most popular automation testing frameworks currently used by developers across the globe.
At the present time, you surely do need a skill set that includes QA selenium testing. We provide hands-on experience in our software testing course that helps you fit in a well-known professional organization. The average salary range of selenium falls between 10 lakhs to 24 lakhs per annum. Isn’t that great? Indeed it is.
Master the complete selenium suite and give a kick-start to your career in the IT field right away!
Hope you found this article helpful. So why wait longer? Enroll in QA Selenium Training today and start your journey!