DURATION: 38 HOURS
Quality Assurance Testing is a platform independent job. If you are new to Information Technology field, Software QA Testing Training is the best option to choose because of many reasons. Quality Assurance Online training is another best way to save time and money and become QA Tester.
QA Testing Course is the best option to choose in current IT Job market. Reports suggest that close to 1,20,000 QA professionals will be required in Testing every year.
Organizations worldwide are spending trillions of dollars yet 40% of the investments failed to deliver the expected returns because of failure to TEST the software and shortage of qualified software Quality Assurance Test Engineers.
Training at Resolve6
Our trainers have many years of experience in Canada working diversified on Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing. With our having practical experience in multiple domains like Mobile applications, Banking, Finance, Telecom, supply chain management (SCM), customer relationship management (CRM), Healthcare, insurance, hospitality, Medical, Salesforce and other domains, we offer an indepth understanding of the essentials.
• Software Engineering
• Detailed information about SDLC – Software Development Life Cycle.
• Software Development Methodologies – V-Model Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, Sprint, User Stories etc.
• Software Requirement Specification Documents
• Business Requirement Document (BRD)
• Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
• Roles and responsibilities of business analyst, developers, technical architects, qa testers, configuration management team, end users, clients, project managers, qa lead, qa manager.
• What is Software Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing?
• Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
• Types of software Applications, Windows based, web based etc.
• Types of Testing, Unit testing, functional testing, integration test, Regression Test, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Data Driven Testing
• Black Box Testing and White Box testing, UAT testing
• what is Backend Testing and Data Driven Testing? Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing,
• Browser compatibility Testing, External Interface Testing and
• Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Unit Testing, HA Testing, Security Testing, Cross browser testing,
• Manual Testing, Automation Testing and Performance Testing.
• Validation vs Verification
• While teaching QTP, Automation Testing, we can discuss more on Data Driven Testing.
• This can be done manually also but when we discuss while doing Automation testing with multiple sets of Data, student can understand the advantage of doing data driven testing.
• While Teaching “LoadRunner” we discuss different type of Performance Testing types like Stress test, Load Test etc.
• Practice – Group Discussion on types of testing
• QA Tester Role – Software Testing Life Cycle
• Understanding the requirement document and writing Test cases in Excel, Writing Test Data
• Home Assignments and also Practice sessions in class.
• Practice – Group Discussion , Domain related discussion on Banking, Mobile/Telecom, Supply chain, Healthcare
• How to write Test Cases on Telecom, Health care projects, Prepare RTM and test matrices
• Review Test cases written by students.
• Boundary Value analysis.
• How to write Test Plan, what is Objective, Scope and Strategy of the test plan
• Entry and Exit criteria. Testing Techniques.
• Home work Assignments and also Practice sessions in class.
• Review Test Plan and Test cases.
• Discuss Defect Life Cycle while teaching Quality center Defect module
• What is clustering, Load Balancer, Front end, Back End, Middle ware, etc.. about Project and Application architecture, External Systems etc.
• High Availability / Clustering – HA Testing (other training centers do not cover this topic)
HP Quality Center | HP ALM – Application Life Cycle Management
• Installation instructions and resolving the Quality center installation issues on student’s computer.
• HP Quality center Installation Issues.
• Introduction to Quality Center. How to Manage testing Process using HP Quality Center.
• Advantages of Quality Center Over Excel Sheet.
• Requirements Module: Write Requirements on Banking / Finance Domain Project
• Test Plan Module: Based on the requirement write Test Plan, Test Cases and RTM – Requirement traceability Matrix.
• Defects Module:
• Export Test cases from Excel sheet to Quality Center.
• Export Data from Quality Center to Excel.
• Overview of BPT, Resources & Reports – Graphs Module.
Selenium – 101 (6 hours)
• Build Basic level understaning on Java
• Build Basic level understaning on Phyton
• Install Selenium IDE and FireBug
• Introduction to Selenium IDE
• Creating your First Selenium IDE script
• Introduction to WebDriver & Comparison with Selenium RC
• Working with Selenium Automation Test Frameworks
SQL – Structure Query Language
• What is Database?
• What is RDBMS – Relational Database Management System?
• What are the RDBMS currently available in the Market?
• What is SQL?
• What is Data Definition Language (DDL)
• What is Data Manipulation Language (DML)
• What is Data Control Language (DCL)
• Install and Working with Toad Tool – To execute SQL queries – Toad tool is an interface to connect to Database.
• Write different types of SQL queries with examples?
• Home work/ Assignments
• Role of tester in SQL?
• Different types of SQL Functions, Arithmetic, logical, etc…
• Primary Key, Foreign key constraint.
• What are types of SQL Joins and Execute Joins with examples?
• How to perform JOIN?
• Joins, Inner Join, Outer Join, Self Join, Right Join | Right Outer Join, Left Outer Join | Left Join
• SQL Groupby Statement
• SQL Having clause
UNIX | Linux Operating System
• Install tools “Putty” and Cygwin
• Introduction to UNIX / Linux: What is UNIX Operating System? and Tester role in UNIX
• Important UNIX commands
• What is FTP? FTP Commands, FTP tools like Filezilla, WinScp etc.
• FTP the files from one operating system to another.
• Practice on UNIX / Linux
• Interview Questions on Unix / Linux.
• What is shell script? VI Editor?
• How to execute Shell script.
• What is Log file?
• How to ftp log files to windows OS and send it to developers to track the defects
• How to practice Linux commands using Cygwin
HP QTP | HP UFT Training – Automation Testing
• Introduction to Automation Testing
• Drawbacks of manual testing
• Benefits of automation Testing
• Advantages of using UFT
• Different testing tools available in the market for automation testing
• Evaluate the tool/Selection criteria of tool , ROI
• Selection criteria for the manual test cases to be automated
• Overview of manual testing and automation testing
• Advantages of QTP | HP UFT
• Version history of QTP | HP UFT
• QTP | HP UFT new features
• HP UFT license types
• Quick Test Professional Add-in Manager | HP UFT Add-In Manager
• Why Record and Run settings window is required in HP UFT | HP QTP?
• Open the application – invoke application SystemUtil.Run method
• Key elements of QTP | HP UFT
• -Test pane
• -Data table
• -Active screen
• -Debug viewer
• UFT Add –In Manager
• How do I create my first test script using UFT.
• HP Unified Functional Testing
• HP UFT | HP QTP testing process
– Test planning/Create the environment
– Recording/Create the basic test
– Enhancing the script
– Debugging the script
– Running the script
– Analyze the Test results, and Reporting the defects
How to create a new test | How to open an existing test
Understanding the QTP test folder structure
Handling multiple tests/scripts in UFT
Recording modes in QTP UFT
Analyze the results window
Record and Play
Different objects in QTP | HP Unified Functional Testing Tool – UFT :
– Test object
– Run time object
– Local Repository
– Shared repository
– Object Repository Manager
How UFT identifies Objects
Working with Test Objects
– How to identify the object
– Highlight the object
– Understanding the test object properties
Object Identification mechanism
Object Repository Manager
What is Parameterization in QTP | Data driven testing
Parameterization concept in UFT
Working with Datatable
– Introduction to data tables
– Working with data table methods
Create a script with multiple test data , (Test the login functionality with multiple user names and passwords)
What is checkpoint in QTP
Checkpoints in UFT
How to insert Checkpoints in UFT
What is output value in QTP
Output values in QTP | UFT
How to insert Output values in UFT?
Types of Output values in UFT
– Standard Output value
– Text Output value
– Need of transactions
– Insert transactions during recording in UFT
Working with Actions
– Non reusable actions
– Re usable actions
– External actions
How to modify Action properties
How to associate the repositories to the test
Introduction to VB Script
– VB Script Introduction
– Data Types
– Conditional statements (IF, Select)
– Conditional Loops ( For, Do While Do Until)
Procedures – Sub and Functions
How to create vb script function in QTP | HP UFT
How to call a function in QTP
• SAP Business Process
• Module Integration
• Industry Solutions
• SAP Implementation Methodology
• Project Teams
• Levels of Customization
• SAP Access
• SAP Data
• Important Transaction Codes
• SAP Architecture & General Access
• Implementation Life Cycle
• Data in SAP
• Master Data
• Transaction Data
• System Data
• Process Flows, Transactions & Tables of MM & SD Modules
• Testing concepts
• Test case design
• Test scenario design on
• S&D module ( Sales & Distribution)
• Business Process flow
• Create Sales Order, Invoice, Billing and verification
• S&D module
• Create Billing and verification
• Business Process completion
• Tester role & test case development
• Interview questions.
Web Services Testing / SOA / SoapUI Training
• Why Middleware technologies like Tibco, CORBA, Message Q, IBM MQ and WebServices in a real time software project development?
• What is Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)?
• Who is using SOA?
• What is WebServices?Why WebServices are Being Used?
• SOA – Service Oriented Architecture and Web services?
• What is WSDL?
• Web Service Standards
• Understanding WSDL
• WSDL Specification
• The WSDL Document
• WSDL by Example
• WSDL File
• How is WSDL Used?
• Retrieving and Viewing/ Inspecting WSDL files
• WSDL and WebServices
• Services PortType and operations Message
• SOAP, SOAPUI Pro Tool
• SoapUI Pro – Download, Installation
• What is SOAP Protocol and RESTFul service?
• What is API Testing
• Tools to Test WebServices
• WebServices in Real Time using SoapUI Tool
• SOAPUI Tool Installation and Practice
• How to Test Web services
• Why we need to Test Web Services
• What is XML, Request, Response XML, WSDL Files
• What is End point
• Functional testing of Web Services using SOAPUI
• Functional Testing of WebServices using SOAPUI and WSDL
How to Add assertions in Soapui Tool to validate response xml?
• Interview Questions, Practical training on WebServices Testing using SoapUI Tool
• An XML History
• XML vs. HTML
• W3C and the XML Specification
• XML Syntax: The Bricks Elements
• Attributes vs. Element
• XML Miscellaneous Well-Formed
• What is XML
• XML Tags
• The Difference between XML and HTML
• With XML You Invent Your Own Tags
• What is an XML Element?
• What is XML Schema?
• What is a synchronous web service?
• What is an asynchronous web service?
• Exercises on Web Services Testing using SoapUI Tool
• How to write test cases for WebServices Testing
• Interview questions on Web Services Testing?
ETL Testing Training, Data warehouse Testing
• What is ETL & Data Warehousing?
• Introduction to Data ware house, purpose of DWH with examples
• DWH Architecture
• OLTP System vs OLAP System
• What is a fact table?
• What is a dimension table?
• Fact vs. Dimension
• What is star schema?
• What is snow flake schema? DWH Tools (different types of dwh tools)
• Types of data bases used in ETL testing
• Explaining about data mapping document
• Testing tools used for ETL testing
• Process flow in ETL Testing
• Writing test cases for mapping documents
• UNIX Commands for ETL Testing
• SQL Queries and SQL Joins for ETL Testing
Mobile Application Testing Training
• Mobile application testing training advantages
• What is Mobile Application Testing?
• Differences between Mobile and Mobile application testing.
• Differences between Native, Hybrid and Mobile Web application?
• Complexity of mobile testing domain.
• Mobile Applications
• Network related applications.
• Other applications.
• Recommended strategy for mobile application testing
• Types of Mobiles
• Simulators and Emulators
Mobile testing and Mobile application testing strategy
• Building a Mobile Testing Strategy.
• How to choose which devices to test, planning what to test and how to review strategy
Unique challenges in mobile application testing
• Set up your Emulator
• What is emulator?
• How to configure emulator?
• How to install the build?