Contextually, the following may be everything you need to know about JMeter before attending a Software Testing interview.
Features of Apache JMeter include the ability to load and performance test many different types of applications/server/protocols, such as
- Web – HTTP, HTTPS (Java, NodeJS, PHP, ASP.NET etc)
- SOAP / REST Webservices
- Database via JDBC
- Message-oriented middleware (MOM) via JMS
- Mail – SMTP(S), POP3(S) and IMAP(S)
- Native commands or shell scripts
- Java ObjectsJMeter comes with a full featured Test IDE (Integrated Development Environment)that allows browsers or native applications to be recorded quickly by Test Plan, secondly to create performance test scripts and also resolving problems with debugging needs.
In order to load tests from any Java compatible OS, JMeter comes with a CLI mode (Command-line mode (formerly called Non GUI) / headless mode).
JMeter has the capability to produce a dynamic HTML report that is comprehensive and ready to present.
JMeter provides simple correlation by extracting data from the most common response formats, HTML, JSON, XML, or any text format.
JMeter provides portability and a hundred percent purity of Java.
JMeter has a full multi-threading framework that allows a simultaneous simulation of multiple threads and also simulation of different functions by use of separate thread groups.
JMeter has the ability to perform caching and also perform offline analysis and replay of performance test results.
JMeter’s core features are extremely extensible, including
- JMeter comes with pluggable samplers that provide performance testers with unlimited testing capabilities.
- JMeter comes with scriptable samplers that include JSR223-compatible programming languages such as Groovy and BeanShell.
- JMeter offers a variety of load statistical choices that could be selected with a range of pluggable timers.
- JMeter allows performance testers the ability to use data analysis and visualization plugins that offer extensibility as well as customization of performance testing scripts.
- JMeter has functions that can be used to generate dynamic feedback for a performance test to perform data manipulation.
- JMeter can be incorporated with the continuous integration process by other open source tools such as Maven, Gradle and Jenkins.
Go to https://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi for download Apache JMeter
Code samples of JMeter are available for use at https://github.com/apache/jmeter
Resolve6 Software Solutions has been facilitating training and job placement services for over 18 years in Canada. Headquartered at Brampton, Resolve6 runs a comprehensive QA Training program that offers both manual and test automation skill development training in one program. Along with learning about Manual Testing on Web Applications, Databases, Mainframes, Unix, and Mobile, candidates learn Java from Day1, progressing into acquiring skills in Test Automation using Selenium, Web Services Testing using SOAPUI, Performance Testing using JMeter. The program covers cucumber, appium, Katalon, and Postman. Learn how to integrate test automation cycles into Agile as well as DevOps pipelines. For more details, visit