HP LoadRunner 102
Duration : 38 Hours
Advanced LoadRunner Course Details:
HP LoadRunner is a load testing product that determines application scalability, behavior, and performance. It emulates thousands of virtual users, and identifies and isolates performance bottlenecks across and within each tier. This course teaches students the fundamentals of performance testing using LoadRunner. By the completion of this course, students will be able to utilize LoadRunner’s features to automate performance / load tests.
This course teaches you to:
- Recording for the Web, Replay, Transactions, Parameters, Auto Correlation After Recording, Verification, Actions, Introduction to Script View, Advanced Scripting Techniques, Manual Correlation, Auto Correlation During Recording, Introduction to Scenarios, Scenario Execution, Scheduling Scenarios, Performance Monitors, Results Analysis.
- Introducing Load Runner, Power of Load Runner, Building Scripts, Playing Back the Scripts, Understanding Record time settings, Understanding Run time settings, Creating a Load Testing Scenario, Running Load Test, Analyzing Results.
Quality assurance engineers, performance engineers, and new users of LoadRunner who need to load test their applications and/or executives who will be involved in any part of load testing.
LoadRunner Online Training Course Highlights:
- Performance Test Plan
- LoadRunner – VUGen Scripting
- LoadRunner Controller – Scenarios – to run VUGen scripts
- LoadRunner – Analysis – to report the results
- Performance Monitors
- Overview of Site Scope
- Overview of Diagnostics
- Overview of Performance Center
Topic wise Advanced LoadRunner Online Training Course Details:
- Provides link and instruction to install LoadRunner
- Resolve issues in installation
- Difference between LoadRunner versions
Performance High Level Plan
- Finding Non Functional Requirement
- Creating Performance Test/High Level Plan
- Defining Scenarios, Script and data
- Define VuGen
- Identify the main components of the VuGen interface
- LoadRunner Installation.
- What are the different types of testing in Performance Testing? Like Stress Testing, Load Testing, Volume testing etc.
- Planning an Effective Load Test
- How to write test plan includes what are the functionalities needs to test to improve the Performance of the application, etc.
- Introduction to Virtual User Generator. Types of protocols (HTML, Windows Socket, Java, SAP etc…), How to generate the scripts in VUGen (Record & Playback).
- What kind of options to select and why when you record the script in VUGen?
- What is Correlation and How to do?
- What is Parameterization? And how to parameterize the script?
- Think time.
- Rendezvous point
- After successfully developed the script in VUGen,
- How to schedule the scenario in Controller, with ramp up , ramp down etc..
- How to execute the scenario in Controller.
- After successfully executed the script analyze the results.
- How to generate the reports using analyzer tool.
- After generating the report, how to analyze the report.
Recording for the Web
- Create a VuGen script by recording user steps with VuGen in the web environment
- Describe the basics of HTML and URL recording levels
- Explain commonly used protocols with their functions
- Identify and configure the appropriate web runtime setting for replay
- Replay the script in VuGen to verify script functionality
- Recognize the debugging tools available in VuGen
- Explain the function of a transaction in a script
- Insert a transaction in a script during and after recording
- Explain what parameters are and how they work
- Solve playback problems with parameterization
- Parameterize a script for load testing
Auto Correlation after Recording
- Define Correlation
- Correlate dynamic values found by using the Auto Correlation tool
- Recognize why and when to use verification
- Identify visual cues to check for during load testing
- Add Text Checkpoints during and after recording
- Create multiple Actions for a web script
- Configure Actions to achieve load testing goals
Introduction to Script View
- Identify when Script view is necessary
- Send customized output messages to the Replay Log
- Identify basic C code including statements, variables, and functions
- Apply basic debugging techniques in VuGen
Advanced Scripting Techniques
- Recognize general LoadRunner functions
- Recognize protocol specific functions
- Determine when manual correlation is required
- Correlate dynamic values using the create parameter option
Auto Correlation during Recording
- Create correlation rules to auto correlate during recording
- Import and export correlation rules
Introduction to Scenarios
- Explain elements that make a LoadRunner scenario
- Identify different types of scenarios
- How to choose the scenario
- Present the basic steps for creating a scenario
- Prepare for a scenario run
- Identify techniques to efficiently run a scenario
- Scheduling by group and by scenario
- Prepare VuGen User (Vuser) initialization
- Configure duration scheduling
- Configure scenario ramp up and ramp down
- Value of Performance Monitors
- Select Performance Monitors
- Add measurements to Performance Monitors
- Value of root cause analysis
- Diagnose errors with LoadRunner
- Meaningful interpretation of LoadRunner graphs
- Log Analysis
Overview of Sitescope
Overview of HP Diagnostics
Overview of Performance Center
- Theory on Test, Production/Live environment
- Architecture of Test and Production Environment