- Understand what can be stored in ALM and how to import existing data
- Understand how to extract reports and metrics from ALM
- Understand how to use Version Control features to safeguard your test assets
- By the end of the course you should have a complete understanding of all the modules within ALM and how it should be used to manage your testing projects from start to finish
Introduction to ALM
- Overview of the ALM interface, brief explanation of the ALM architecture and login process Management module
- How to plan for your software releases and for each release how to plan your testing cycles
- How to create your own requirement types, how to write requirements, how to link them back to cycles & releases. How to implement requirement traceability.
- How to implement risk-based analysis against test requirements
- How to import existing Business Models into ALM from other modelling tools
- How to use the Test Plan module to develop test scripts. How to use parameterisation in your scripts.
- Creation of reusable scripts. How to link tests to requirements.
- How to create multiple Test Configurations to test multiple use-cases
- How to store and manage shared test assets such as Function Libraries, Object Repositories, Data Tables/li>
- How to check dependencies on shared assets
- How to create Test Sets. Test Execution and results.
- Creating Host Groups, and configuring execution flow. Test Set Options.
- Traceability of defects raised in test runs
- How to use the new Sprinter manual test runner.
- Configuration of Sprinter, Data Injection, using Macros, the Storyboard and screen capture and annotation are all covered in this chapter as well as creating new manual tests from a Sprinter recording
- The Defect Life Cycle.
- How to raisedefects and track them through the lifecycle.
- The traceability model in ALM
Project Planning in ALM
- Explores the Project Planning and Tracking module to define scope items, milestones and set up KPIs to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Using analysis and the Dashboard for generating reports and graphs.
- How to use the report generator and the Excel reporting utility.
- How to use the new Business Views and how to create your own Template Reports
- Using version control, creating Libraries and Baselines. Pinning Test sets to Baselines. Comparing Baselines.
- Exporting from MS Office
- How to install the MS Office add-ins.
- How to export data from Excel into ALM
ALM Web Client
- Demonstrates the new cross-browser web client and the new Author mode in the Requirements module